Friday, July 8, 2011

A Week With High Schoolers...

Kylie "Planking"
Last week I attended a week long conference with 15 high schoolers! It was such a blast and I learned a lot about God. This was also my first event as a youth coach & I would definitely do it again. Im thankful for all the new people I met and that I was able to keep going even when I was exhausted. It was nice being able to be there with my parents and one of my sisters.

Glass Water Bottle with
Old Fashion Topper
Each morning my mom & I would get up early and walk a few blocks to the coffee shop Lemonjello {pronounced Lemon-Jello -or- LeMon-Jello, universalism at its finest - that's for my mom:) } They had really great fair trade organic coffee. I also bought this awesome water bottle... its glass. Nothing super special but I like it :)

Each morning we had a session and some quiet time. I really enjoyed the sessions, they really seemed to stick to the bible & use that as their main source. Of course there was some skits & cool videos.

We did a lot of walking but that was right up my ally so I had no complaints there. Some of the students played dodgeball {I opted out of that... 8th grade scaring} and we took lots of naps!

Thankfully we had no breakdowns  or accidents; we really were kept safe! Im very excited to see how each one of the students continue in their faith.

~ash

No comments:

Post a Comment