Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Blog: Long Time No See...

It has been quite a while since my last post. Things have been very hectic as we have prepared, traveld, and explored. Since our last post we have moved from our 4 month stay with my sister and brother-in-law in Ames, Iowa to our 3,500 mile destination in Manzanillo Mexico!

Dane left at 7am on Sunday Sept. 11 from Marion, IA to Wichita, KS... all was good. However, the next day didn't go as smoothly for our fellow traveler and team member due to experiencing a few tire blowouts on his trailer. The boys were hoping to make it to San Antonio, TX (only a short drive from the border) but instead they ended up stopping 5 hrs from the border. Everyone was pretty tired and worn out from changing tires and driving all day but they still needed to figure out a way to continue to take the trailer into the mountains of Mexico... this meant they had to take out some luggage. After lightening the load the boys were set the next morning with their destination 4 hrs over the border. They made it but this time they ended up staying an extra night in a hotso they could get one of the cars checked out because it was making some unpleasant noises. The extra stay was unexpected but ended up being a nice break from traveling. Setting out for their last day of travel the boys got separated from their leader due to roadwork... with NO way to communicate! So.... they made the executive decision to just make it to Manzanillo as fast as they could. At nearly 9pm the boys pulled into the driveway to meet a very nervous yet relieved woman who was able to relay to their leader that they had been found! Finally... after 5 days of travel they made it.



My travels were not as exciting (thank goodness) with a few plane tickets and a 4 hr. car ride. My mom and aunt took off the day to drive me to St. Louis where we stayed in a hotel where we sifted through my nearly 100 lb. bag trying to make it lighter. I wasn't sure how that was going to happen because I had already tired to lighten it sever times the week before. My mom was so sweet for she emptied out her travel bag and told me to take it as a carry-on (a very heavy carry-on).  With many tears I told my family goodbye... with much support I traveled on... It was so hard to say goodbye to my family but my mom left me with so much encouragement.



No comments:

Post a Comment